I would like to see ...

Bpay integration with Xero

I would like to see Bpay integration with Xero. Bpay is widely used as an accepted payment method within Australia. http://www.bpay.com.au/ It would not be a very complex add in as all that's required is a customer reference field to be specified on every customer as well as a Biller Code field that can be defined in the organisation settings.

156 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Eva PettiforEva Pettifor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please advise when Bpay will be integrated? I'm on a 30 day trial and seriously considering going elsewhere if Bpay is not on the horizon in the very near future.

• KevinKevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree B Pay is a basic requirement for any Australian small business as part a cash flow (accounting) management system, how about it Xero, I'm sure you have enough smart people in the back room that can make this happen.......right?

• Milena JurasekMilena Jurasek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company accepts Bpay as payment from clients and pays some bills via Bpay. We are using Xero now, and it is frustrating and time consuming, having to manually allocate Bpay payments from Commbiz downloads and pay some bills via Commbiz, rather then using just Xero.
        Xero, please advise when Bpay will be part of Xero.

• Phil WainwrightPhil Wainwright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As one of the original and most widely used electronic payment systems in Australia, I think it should be accommodated by Xero. My company has been a Bpay biller for 13 years. A large chunk of our clients use this system to pay us. A custom field name/description in contacts would be a good start. This would at least allow manual input of the customer's Bpay reference number. What would be even better is an "Account number" field with the ability to add a MOD10 check digit automatically.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is the reason Bpay hasn't been considered, under "planned" or "Started". Due to this feature not being financially beneficial to xero?
        Looking at the amount of votes posted compared to other requests, this is near the top.
        If this option was available, there would be flood of new comers to the service. This is just from the few people we have discussed this issue with.
        Can we please have an answer, as if this is even being considered. If not, then we can pursue another option.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the one single thing stopping me (and many business owners I know) from moving from MYOB to Xero. +1 for BPAY integration!

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to use Xero as well but do need BPay integration or allowing custom fields so the data can be manually entered. we use the check digit rule MOD10V03

• Melissa NorthMelissa North commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I would love to see this. But please people, understand that back-end coding of software is not "simple" or "easy". What we see in a Word doc is NOT all that goes into creating this.

• Ross WakelinRoss Wakelin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An important addition for the Australian market. Just having an ID# field in contacts that could be used for Bpay and other ID requirements would be sufficient.

Feedback and Knowledge Base