Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    xeroAdminxero (Admin, Xero) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  xeroAdminxero (Admin, Xero) responded  · 

The Xero app now allows you to have control over the sender’s name, email address and reply to address (see http://blog.xero.com/2013/06/more-control-over-your-emails/) which was a key requirement for using the API to trigger an invoice to be emailed. Previous Xero releases also added the ability to have online viewing of invoices and email templates for sending invoices, statements etc.

In amongst our other top developer requests we are now actively looking at how we can offer this functionality to developers.

Please remember you can download PDF’s of invoices which allows you to email invoices yourself and you can also mark these invoices as sent.

56 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surprised Xero doesnt do this after 4 years. Even Sassu allows you to request the email gets sent plus allow a paymentto be applied in the one API call. Everyone has said to move to Xero but without this function there is no point...

• Laszlo MolnarLaszlo Molnar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any news on this? Any plan to change the status from Planned to ... don't know we don't want to implement or something like that?
        Or can we start to search an other system and advice to change for our customers?

• Liz StramaLiz Strama commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's very frustrating that Xero haven't implemented this feature yet - surely it shouldn't take 4 years??

• Darryl HunterDarryl Hunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How has this not been done yet? It's been "planned" for nearly 2 years! Come on, Xero. I have customers who also use Xero complaining because their invoices don't get passed to them through the Xero Network.

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would also like the ability to send invoices from Xero to Xero (using network keys).

• Terry MorseTerry Morse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on now, how much longer do we have to wait for this simple but necessary functionality?

Any update on this feature since, 2013. This feature is also very important to us.

am I right in thinking that after creating an integration solution for my client...I can't get the solution to auto email the invoice for the client?

• natnat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you need any help ... just rip of freshbook..... this is a key request and what's the point of requests that have been requested for 3+ years..... and not produced.

I don't get xero sometimes.

• Artem GassanArtem Gassan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow it has been 3 years going on 4 years. Is this feature going to get built within the next 3 months -- or never?

• Laszlo MolnarLaszlo Molnar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any news on this? Looks like lots of people really need this feature available.
        Hopefully it's not gonna take another 3 years!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base