I suggest you ...

Enable the upcoming Purchase Order module to link to outside applications

My company has an app that services a very large niche market- all of those clients (tens of thousands) also need accounting. Our current app has rudimentary accounting in it but we are seeking to set up a sync with a dedicated cloud-app for all the accounting. Purchase Orders are crucial to this niche market and if we could sync them with Xero via api it would make a huge difference.

(Provide GET/PUT/POST PurchaseOrders endpoint)

223 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KevinKevin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  xeroAdminxero (Admin, Xero) responded  · 

We’re certainly looking to offer Purchase Order functionality via the Xero API. It is amongst a list of top priority feature requests that we are working through as quickly as we can. There are a few items ahead of this so I’ll change the status on this item when we are actively working on this.

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Simon MarshallSimon Marshall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the recent AccountEx exhibition we were asked about our integration with Xero, the main point of contention was that if Purchase Orders were being used why can't the PO number be passed across as part of the validation that the invoice is against a set PO?

In our opinion this is a great value add that will enhance Xero's footprint even further.

• AndyAndy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Kevin, could you please give us any ETA when the purchase order might be available through Xero API. We got a project demand this feature right now. Thanks

• FredFred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, can you please provide some indication as to whether or not you will be planning on releasing API for Purchase Orders in the near future and if so any estimated timescale. I believe there is lot more interest than what is expressed via this forum if only everyone knew the real reason why there is a lack of 3rd party integration with Xero Purchase Orders.

• MohanMohan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really great if you let us access the PurchaseOrders via the Xero API with the facility to create new purchase orders via the API.

Thank You.

• DanielDaniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this ASAP. PO's via the api is the number 1 request of all my clients and right now we have to hack the process with draft invoices as do many others... It sucks because we also use the draft invoices for... well draft invoices, which means when processing we have to be more cautious and it introduces human error into the system. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE open this up via the API.

• RyanRyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely necessary to our business, If this could have all 10 of my votes it would.

• Paul BrownPaul Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am working on a number of projects which would benefit from an API for purchase orders. Please add this in asap with documentation, can't express enough how much I need this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I run three separate businesses with Xero on three accounts. A purchase order API is my one number priority/request. This will streamline the process and increase efficiency. Must have!

• AccountsAccounts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please develop an API for Purchase Oorders, this is essential for us to develop 3rd party integrations and until such time we can't even use the PO functionality unfortunately.

• FilipeFilipe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be delighted to see this working guys, we really have a business need to get PO information from the API.

• EtienneEtienne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please create API access! Unleashed manages PO and it would be great if they could be transferred to xero through the API.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base