Skip to content

Accounting API

Welcome to our official feedback forum for the Xero Developer API.

The Xero Community site is the best place to submit feedback for improving Xero Business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

132 results found

1. Make the due dates of bills available as a calendar feed

It would be great if I could hook up the due dates of the bills that I have added to Xero to my Google calendar. It would help me more easily keep track of when I have to pay my bills by. Doesn't have to have much detail in it. Maybe just the number of bills due on a date.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This forum is for API features and I’m afraid this does not include features like this. The good news is that there is already a 3rd party application providing a connection between Xero and Google Calendar: https://zapier.com/zapbook/xero/google-calendar/2516/create-google-calendar-event-from-xero-invoice/

If you are keen to see this as a feature within Xero, you could make a request in our feature requests forum: https://community.xero.com/business/topic/23/

2. Allow employees to enter start and finish times into timesheets

In our industry there are penalty rates before/after certain times and days, and employees shouldnt be responsible for working out which pay item they are to be paid.

We also have a lot of junior staff who would have no clue and they just need to enter their start time, break time and finish time and then allow the payroll officer to convert this into which rates apply.

Add-ons are way too expensive on top of the cost of Xero, especially when you have more than 10 employees.

This would also save a lot of double entering (timebooks, then xero)…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. create Purchase Order reports

Currently there is no way to report on the status of purchase orders, or details of what has been ordered. I think we should have a basic report exportable to excel with the following headings:

PO number,
    supplier,
    details of items on order,
    date raised,
    date due,
    amount,
    total,
    gst,
    grand total,
    status,
    person who created the PO.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Ronan Quirke - Xero responded

Thanks for the suggestion!
    Unfortunately we have no current plans to provide a “Surrender to MYOBAPI function!

5. Make reconciling paypal payments in xero EASIER

At present I have PayPal linked to my XERO account. I receive almost no inbound monies via paypal, but make a lot of supplier payments (o/s) via paypal. Often the amount's are the same. Xero only imports the amount and transaction ID, which is unique and has no reference to the client, It could be 1 of 50, all looking the same. Then manually we must go back into paypal, search through each transaction ID, find it, view the invoice and manually report each payment back into Xero - Very time consuming. I'm hoping my lack of knowledge is the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix bug to allow the tax overrides specified for inventory items to be used when creating invoices.

When you specify a tax override for individual inventory items, they are not applied when creating the invoice via the API (it still uses the accounts tax settings). They are only applied when creating the invoice manually.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a section under employee details for emergency contacts.

Each employee should have at least ONE emergency contact listed for work emergencies. I think in the employee personal details section there should be an area for us to add an emergency contact. At the moment, should anything happen to a staff member at work, there is no emergency contact details in Xero so that we can notify our staff's next of kin. I think it is important (and respectful on behalf of our business) to be able to let loved ones know when a work accident or emergency has happened.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. are able to enter several email addresses for customers.

Several email addresses as in accounts payable and the person that deals directly

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add an OData interface to query live transaction data directly from Microsoft Excel

Microsoft Excel is an essential tool for all accountants. It can be easily configured to consume an OData data source. OData is a standardized protocol for creating restful data APIs. This XML-based protocol supports the ability to create filtered data streams. By exposing live transaction data through a secured, well-engineered OData API, you will be adding massive value to your customers accounting data. OData combined with Excel Pivot Tables and PowerPivot creates an incredibly potent analysis and reporting tool. All your customers already own Excel. PowerPivot is a free add-in from Microsoft. All that's needed is an OData API and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. allow bulk editing of recurring Invoices

If I have a product or service that has a monthly recurring invoices.

There can be lots of customers that are invoiced monthly for this same product (xero recurring invoice).

If I change the price for the inventory item they are getting invoiced for monthly, I was told by the help team that I will have to manually edit every single invoice that includes that item one at a time, to change the price?

This seems like a very big task for such a common occurrence, so there should be some automatic way of doing it, either from an API,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Be able to have number of days billable in the invoice recievable template

I run a equipment hire company and use xero to itemise and invoice the equipment hired out. The quantity field works well but i supply equipment over a number of days at a day rate. It would really help to be able to specify how many days any quantity of equipment was hired out for. In theory its just another quantity field called DAYS. Please Please Please. :)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. make a comparaitive report for the trial balance

For reviewing yearend accounts, we review against the Trial Balance from the prior year, therefore it would be great if in the Trial Balance there was an option to view periods (or Last year) etc as you can do with the Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Statements.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow financial advisers to permanently delete records from the systen

I think that Financial Advisers should have the ability to completely remove a record from the system. Or - this needs to be a permission setting on some future ACL implementation.

What if an error occurs? Especially for folks like me who are synchronizing their billing system. As far as I am concerned - my billing system has the most accurate information. I want to be able to adjust for errors that may occur during sync - because I cannot effect the records in my billing system.

These records have already occured. They are uneditable. Xero is simply copying those…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. have purchaes owing displayed on dashboard , same as salesshows drafts and outstanding.

It is really great to be able to see outstanding Sales invoices and draft invoices. Would be fantastic if i could also see on the dashboard Bill amounts owing and outstanding.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fast way to reclassify bulk transactions from any type of account, location, or class in Xero.

We need a fast way to reclassify bulk transactions from any type of account, location, or class. QuickBooks has the Reclassify Transactions feature and Xero should have the same.We also need the ability to change account types for bank accounts to any Asset, Liability, Equity, Income, and Expense accounts. My suggestion, give us Xero Partners accountants tools like QuickBooks does for us. Our clients do not get these tools, but QuickBooks ProAdvisors get them. Xero can do the same for us Xero Partners.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. give the option for cashbook clients (that are cash coding) to add accounts to the chart of accounts - not just edit bank accounts

Giving the option for clients that have limited access to the partner edition GST or non GST cashbook, that have "cash coding" access - the ability to add accounts to the chart. At the moment clients can only add or delete bank accounts. Some clients I wouldn't want to give this option to, but for other clients we would and don't want to have to keep adding them for them.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. tracking

Add an additional tracking code. Currently there are only 2 and adding a 3rd would be a great benefit.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. REFERENCE Field is now missing for API for ACCPAY invoices

REFERENCE Field is now missing from API calls for ACCPAY (Accounts Payable) as per attached examples, change seems to have happened on the 4th June 2020

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make contact clickable hotlink when entering a bill / sale so you can check details/financials current

After you have selected a contact for a bill, invoice, quote etc, put a hot link or button to be able to edit / view details (address, financial) without having to keep going into contacts and searching for the contact checking and returning

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add pay now button for statements sent via email

If a customer wants to settle more than one invoice they have to view individual invoices and enter payment details each time - this method is onerous for customers.

It is preferable to send a statement and allow the customer to "pay now" on the statement balance due - In effect bulk settling invoices.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?