Skip to content

Accounting API

Welcome to our official feedback forum for the Xero Developer API.

The Xero Community site is the best place to submit feedback for improving Xero Business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

132 results found

1. Quick and Easy third party authentication

I think there should be a quick way for third party applications to authenticate into the XERO API.. Because as far as I know there currently isn't a quick way for the authentication of users keys and certificates authenticated in a couple of seconds rather than minutes without requesting a lot of information from the web services (give and take how many invoices or contact information has to be recieved).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Michael

It seems like you are basing this on your experience of using a private API application? We also have two other application types: partner API apps and public API apps that use the 3-legged OAuth process which to the end user is as simple as clicking a button in a 3rd-party app, logging into Xero and approving a connection between the other application and their Xero organisation. Overview here: http://blog.xero.com/developer/api-overview/

You can see this in action by using the API previewer – if already connected to an organisation, disconnect and go through the process of connecting again – that is the same workflow as public/partner API apps use.

Note this makes it easy for the end user, but there will always be work involved for the 3rd party applications themselves in terms of setup etc.

Hope that is what you are after!

2. Create invoices and credit notes via the api as Deleted or Voided

My client requires invoices and credits too be synchronised between our software and Xero.

This includes having invoices deleted and credits voided before they reach Xero.

I would like to create deleted invoices and voided credits first time rather then having to create drafts and then delete/void them in a seperate operation.

You shouldn't be able to do this via the Xero user interface but I should be able to do this via the API.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Xero API must follow the same application logic as the main application. It is for this reason we must decline this request, but we are committed to exposing more functionality via the API such as the ability to void invoices and credit notes via the API once they are created.

3. Make receipting quicker and easier

I am an owner/operator of my own business and even though I do have my bank account linked I generally use my personal credit card for everything so that I can leave my money in an offset account to minimilise interest. It means I do alot of receipting and find the process long and tedious as I have to go through approving / authorising etc just to do reciepts. If there was a quicker way of doing it would make life alot easier.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sort on report column headers

It would be very convenient if report column headers were sortable.

For example, when I run a "Sales by Item" report, I'd like to click on the "Total" column header to re-sort the report by Total, either ascending or descending.

If this sorting was available for all column headers, I could immediately find out:
    - best and worst selling product by sales revenue
    - best and worst selling product by units moved
    - most expensive product
    - least expensive product
    - lowest and highest average selling price

....all in seconds with just a few clicks on column headers, and without…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. allow more flexibility for positioning of logos on invoicing template as currently you cannot centralise.

Traditional UK Invoices for small businesses would not look like the ones you can currently produce from your template. There is very little flexibility as to where the logo can be positioned and it does not allow other elements to balance. I do not have the expertise or ability to get someone elese to create a new docx template.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. login upgrade

It would be great not to have to enter my email address every time that xero times out it should only need the password to login

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. looking up addresses in xero would be handy like MYOB as i currently keep having to login to MYOB to get customer info

looking up addresses in xero would be handy like MYOB as i currently keep having to login to MYOB to get customer info as we are contractors and are expected to know existing customers details

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A quote option would be good like MYOB has, as we do a lot of quotes that get chaged to invoices

A quote option would be good like MYOB has, as we do a lot of quotes that get chaged to invoices

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have integration with or an import function for Quotewerks

Create a partnership with or API for quotewerks to be able to import or synchronize invoices and purchase orders from quotewerks to xero and visaversa.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. be able to attach supplemental documentation to outgoing invoices - not just PDFs, but excel files and jpgs

I have clients who, when they bill their clients, are required to submit spreadsheets, copies of documents etc WITH their invoice - many state and government jobs require this. It would be great if it could be done within Xero rather than go out to the "normal" email to send both the Xero invoice and the attached documents.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Be able to mark certain clients as requiring statements only

We have many clients who pay at the time off purchase and would like to be able to highlight certain clients only as requiring statements.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow edits to Tax codes, Nominals and Project Tracking lines in Expenses section

AT the moment, once you have approved a line of an expense, you can never edit it again. If you get the VAT code wrong, there is no way of changing it. If you haven't approved the entire invoice, you can cancel the claim - but then you can't reenter it - you have to get your employee to do this all over again. If you have approved the claim - there is nothing you can do.

Please fix this - I don't understand why we haven't got the same editing abilities in the Expenses section as we do in…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide a space for job address on a invoice for the building and construction industry

I really need a space to enter in a job address for invoices as each invoice is allocated to a specific job.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. to get the similar apis to update employee in 2.0 version

I am able to create employee with first name and last name. I want to update the records with detailed information. But 2.0 version does not have that capability while 1.0 has it. ( http://developer.xero.com/documentation/payroll-api/employees/) .

can we get it in 2.0 version as well ?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Core accounting API employees endpoint (http://developer.xero.com/documentation/api/employees/) is very different and much more limited in function. It is related to the pay run function in Xero which is quite basic and there are no plans to make any changes to this.

The Payroll API employee endpoint (http://developer.xero.com/documentation/payroll-api/employees/) is more extensive as it is an API to the Xero payroll application (currently only available in Australia).

If you have more questions about using our APIs, they are best asked in our developer forum https://community.xero.com/developer/

16. Include WET calculations in XERO Invoices

Allow for WET to be calculated on invoices in the same way GST is currently calculated

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. expense claims available in the employee portal

expense claims available in the employee portal

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add nested sorting feature

When selecting transactions to match bulk bank payments the columns allow for only individual sorting. It would be nice to be able to sort by customer and date rather than just either. I suppose you could apply nested sorting to all column selecting areas of Xero.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. New Feature - Internal Payment Gateway

It would be great if there was an internal payment gateway system built into Xero which would allow us to store customer credit card information against their card file data masked so that it couldn't be re-read after being entered, and then trigger a payment against that card either from an invoice against that card or through the API. We do not want to have to store credit card details on our system nor are we keen to use an external credit card gateway which would still need us to store those details in the database somewhere. Storing the details…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Change Credit Notes Editing

When trying to complete a credit note you cant amend the amount on a invoice that has already received a payment this is frustrating as we run promotions all the time and it is annoying to have to either delete the invoice and reenter it or delete the payment and re enter it, this is more work load and it would be more benifical to be able to enter the amount that you are wanting to enter rather then it automatically deleting the amount outstanding on the invoice, will they be able to make this more user friendly by entering…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base