I suggest you ...

Repeating invoices via the API

Be able to create and manage repeating invoices (http://help.xero.com/#Accounts_RepeatingInvoice) via the API.

753 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminXero Developer Ecosystem (Admin, Xero Developer Ecosystem) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

101 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jonathan Papworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The response to my query about this was that I should develop my own recurring invoices function and post the invoices to Xero each time they are due. Of course I could do this - I could write a complete accounting system for me - but then I would be mad to - I pay a bit of money every month to use Xero. Why on earth would any sane person write a bespoke recurring invoices application when there are so many on the market already in existence. Please simply just create the API's so I can use the one I am already paying for.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

May we have an update on this one please. I think Xero may be underestimating the importance of this feature

• Alan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be extremely useful. Infact the API functionality is somewhat useless without it. I see this was flagged up nearly 7 years ago? What's going on Xero?!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have had to use Recurly to manage recurring invoicing because this functionality is missing from Xero but this occurs additional monthly costs.

• Neeraj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is needed for one of my clients. Any updates on plans about this one?

• Gavin Henry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

KashFlow can't do this. In fact every SaaS accountancy platform out there can't do this. Why? Totally pointless API with out it. How can businesses scale without edit a recurring invoice or some type of charge to be added to an recurring invoice before it's generated?

JBilling does this and BillRun, but they are billing platform not accountancy platforms.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base