I suggest you ...

Repeating invoices via the API

Be able to create and manage repeating invoices (http://help.xero.com/#Accounts_RepeatingInvoice) via the API.

545 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Xero APIAdminXero API (Admin, Xero API) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Brad McNayBrad McNay shared a merged idea: allow creation of recurring invoices via the API  ·   · 
    started  ·  Xero APIAdminXero API (Admin, Xero API) responded  · 

We’re getting some more clarity on our roadmap for the first part of 2016 and unfortunately that’s unlikely to include support for creating/updating repeating invoices.

I realise it’s extremely frustrating for those of you keenly waiting for this feature, but unfortunately there are still a few other features ahead of it in priority.

69 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gareth LawrenceGareth Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shame very useful feature there, even could include a repeating invoice -> invoice link.

Hope for next year perhaps.

• Jerex SalingujayJerex Salingujay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need to prioritize this API function, this is very helpful. Or at least, supply a widget for Repeating Invoices.

• ColinColin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

API is completely useless to us without this. Seems like such a simple thing to program. I would be willing to pay extra to get this made a priority. I just don't understand how the regular invoice part could be programmed but not the repeating invoice part. Your system didn't seem to have a problem creating my repeating bill...... what would happening if my bill pay system could not pay a repeating invoice.....

• JoelJoel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Embarassing. Just write the code. Market cap $2.5bn, 1,000 employees, can't even write some simple code to add a simple feature. Really really embarassing

• Laszlo MolnarLaszlo Molnar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news/update on this? Most of our invoices are recurring... and September 18, 2011 was long time ago...

• JoelJoel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

'Beautiful accounting software' more like 'chit accounting software that can't even phukin create and manage repeating invoices'

• Andrew McCallumAndrew McCallum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1, at least 80% of our billing is recurring and this will make it possible to manage so make Xero something we can move to

• Matt RosenheinMatt Rosenhein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having this implemented (with place holder text element) would make adoption far far easier for us. +3.

• Toby TremayneToby Tremayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1, this is the single obstacle to adoption for us, and really makes the whole thing useless without it.

• SvenSven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. We need it. We will not pay for this software until it's inside.

• mikemike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update as to when the repeating invoice will be able to be created via the API. It has been almost 3 months since your last update and I am currently reviewing which accounting software to choose and this is a significant deciding factor for our business. Even if just a ballpark, such as couple months or a year, etc. Thanks.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base