I suggest you ...

Repeating invoices via the API

Be able to create and manage repeating invoices (http://help.xero.com/#Accounts_RepeatingInvoice) via the API.

566 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Xero APIAdminXero API (Admin, Xero API) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Brad McNayBrad McNay shared a merged idea: allow creation of recurring invoices via the API  ·   · 
    under review  ·  Xero APIAdminXero API (Admin, Xero API) responded  · 

- Update September 2016 -

You can retrieve repeating invoices via the API but we have no current plans to add create or update functionality.

We know this would be a useful feature but the team is currently focused on other big features like webhooks.

We’ll re-evaluate the status of this in the new year.

72 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • OliverOliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Xero Team,

I understand that you've started this feature and I'm sure you guys are working as hard as you can to get it to us, but do you have any idea when this feature might become available? It would help us a great with planning.

Thanks,
        Oliver

• Gareth LawrenceGareth Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shame very useful feature there, even could include a repeating invoice -> invoice link.

Hope for next year perhaps.

• Jerex SalingujayJerex Salingujay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need to prioritize this API function, this is very helpful. Or at least, supply a widget for Repeating Invoices.

• ColinColin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

API is completely useless to us without this. Seems like such a simple thing to program. I would be willing to pay extra to get this made a priority. I just don't understand how the regular invoice part could be programmed but not the repeating invoice part. Your system didn't seem to have a problem creating my repeating bill...... what would happening if my bill pay system could not pay a repeating invoice.....

• JoelJoel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Embarassing. Just write the code. Market cap $2.5bn, 1,000 employees, can't even write some simple code to add a simple feature. Really really embarassing

• Laszlo MolnarLaszlo Molnar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news/update on this? Most of our invoices are recurring... and September 18, 2011 was long time ago...

• JoelJoel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

'Beautiful accounting software' more like 'chit accounting software that can't even phukin create and manage repeating invoices'

• Andrew McCallumAndrew McCallum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1, at least 80% of our billing is recurring and this will make it possible to manage so make Xero something we can move to

• Matt RosenheinMatt Rosenhein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having this implemented (with place holder text element) would make adoption far far easier for us. +3.

• Toby TremayneToby Tremayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1, this is the single obstacle to adoption for us, and really makes the whole thing useless without it.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base