I suggest you ...

Repeating invoices via the API

Be able to create and manage repeating invoices (http://help.xero.com/#Accounts_RepeatingInvoice) via the API.

646 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Xero APIAdminXero API (Admin, Xero API) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Xero APIAdminXero API (Admin, Xero API) responded  · 

- Update September 2016 -

You can retrieve repeating invoices via the API but we have no current plans to add create or update functionality.

We know this would be a useful feature but the team is currently focused on other big features like webhooks.

We’ll re-evaluate the status of this in the new year.

87 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have had to use Recurly to manage recurring invoicing because this functionality is missing from Xero but this occurs additional monthly costs.

• NeerajNeeraj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is needed for one of my clients. Any updates on plans about this one?

• Gavin HenryGavin Henry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

KashFlow can't do this. In fact every SaaS accountancy platform out there can't do this. Why? Totally pointless API with out it. How can businesses scale without edit a recurring invoice or some type of charge to be added to an recurring invoice before it's generated?

JBilling does this and BillRun, but they are billing platform not accountancy platforms.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are expanding our online subscription to be cross-border and in order to manage the increase in volume we need to avoid the manual creation of the recurring invoices.

• Oli StockmanOli Stockman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

70% of our invoicing is via Recurring Invoices, ability to add these via API would be a massive timesaving for us.

• ColinColin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

5 Year people have been waiting on this! Great about the "other big features like webhooks". But what good is a Webhook telling me something happened, like they paid their bill, when I can't even make the Repeating Invoice via the API, that the Webhook will be sending data about payment on?
        Useless at that point. I really think you guys show examine a little bit more on how features are used together and how missing one really negatively impacts the use of the other.

• ColinColin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like you guys half baked this. I really think this feature is needed via the API, you are really limiting the usability of the API by not making what is considered a standard feature these days, available via the API. Creating, Modifying, Voiding, Cancelling, and Viewing are all needed. You guys are alienating the entire reoccurring service industry.

• Colin HewittColin Hewitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to know if an invoice in the system was generated from a repeating invoice set.
        ie a flag to say repeating invoice.

• OliverOliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Xero Team,

I understand that you've started this feature and I'm sure you guys are working as hard as you can to get it to us, but do you have any idea when this feature might become available? It would help us a great with planning.

Thanks,
        Oliver

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base