I suggest you ...

Budget summary report by budget

The current budget summary API report (http://blog.xero.com/developer/api/reports/#BudgetSummary) returns the overall budget summary report. Within Xero, you can create additional budgets which can be filtered by tracking category. This request is to:
- Provide a Budgets API endpoint
- Allow the budget summary report be filtered by budget

233 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Xero APIAdminXero API (Admin, Xero API) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    CraigCraig shared a merged idea: Expose more than one budget via the API  ·   · 

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a large client that has had to invest a significant amount of money to achieve this report from outside source but has to populate the individual tracked budget fields. Would be great if could all be done within Xero please

A much needed thing on Spotlight. Very important for all, please Xero put this in your priority list for development.

• David GuildDavid Guild commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our client will not take-up Spotlight without this functionality & looks like this issue has been flagged for some time

Yes please add this. Currently looking at using Spotlight but need to be able to import the correct budget to make it worthwhile!

• Pete SayersPete Sayers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a vital requirement for my reporting. Actuals vs Budget for projects based on monthly or over multiple years is important to our business.

Please add this functionality.

Yes we need to be able to run a budget versus actual variance report, with monthly breakdowns, for each 'project' (to use Xero terminology). Without this ability we can't add any meaning to the overall variance given by the budget vs actual report - unless we do it manually. Please add this function asap

• Thomas TraunmüllerThomas Traunmüller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Due to we only have enterprise clients who heavily rely on tracking categories, we also need this feature ASAP! Even the Quickbooks online API provides location/class information in their budget endpoint.

Come on Xero!

• Bree VieceliBree Vieceli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also are hitting this as an issue with any of our clients that have multiple locations or different types of sales. I know that we can push data down to tracking category against sales through the API, so we also hope this comes out at the other end soon!

We use spotlight and Xero and we've hit a wall. We need to be able to budget and reforecast. As it stands only one budget can be imported. Please open the api. Heading back to the land of spreadsheets for now.

• Oliver MalpassOliver Malpass commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was asked by manager to set up Spotlight Reporting for Xero for one of our clients and after one day of it being set up I was getting feedback from our client that the Budgets were not pulling through by tracking code. This is such a necessity as there is no point in reporting by branch or division if we can't report on budgets vs actuals. This is the whole point of reporting by tracking code!

Please make this available ASAP, we would really appreciate it and our clients will as well.

• Avril HillindAvril Hillind commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A key component of being an effective trusted adviser is giving clients clear, concise and relevant information to make business decisions on a regular and timely basis. Being able to monitor results against budget for tracking categories in our reporting tool Spotlight reporting is critical for those clients with different sales channels, income streams or locations. We have been wanting this information for a long time and have to compromise the level of reporting for these clients which is frustrating as we want to provide awesome, useful, relevant reports all pulled from Xero - our core system. Please make this data available, it would make our lives so much easier and enhance the client benefit from our reporting significantly!

I asked Xero to add tracking to budgets for several years and you listened which was fabulous, please take it to the next level and make it available through the API to our reporting partner.

• Shirley HollisShirley Hollis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hear hear Andrew Seinor. How many of us have set up tracking categories for clients to enable them to monitor the performances separately with a view to setting more meaningful budgets. Why give us a great tool but limit it's usefulness in such a way. please provide Spotlight with the API endpoint so we can make full use of the tracking category tool

• Andrew SeinorAndrew Seinor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is nothing more infuriating than being able to enter data into a system that you can then do nothing with! This limitation means that in order to create a forecast for each tracking category, I have to spend hours in Excel creating templates and then importing data from Xero into the template - despite Xero having the very data I want in the first place. Fail Xero.

• LaurenLauren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to report and compare division actuals with division budgets in Spotlight would greatly improve the efficiency of month end and allow further insight into the siloed performance of the company. This is definitely a feature that should be enabled to make the Xero/ spotlight package more competitive.

• LizLiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all the comments - Xero does not provide enough functionality with department reporting and so its agent recommended spotlight, but now we find that spotlight can't deliver as its not getting the tracking data from Xero. Come on Xero this is basic and important. Why track these things if we cant report it out easily.

A very important feature for a number of my client, would be so great to have it!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base