I suggest you ...

Notify URL When Stuff Changes in Xero - Webhooks

I'm requesting "web hooks" for the Xero API.

Here's how they work: Customer provides a URL (http://myserver.com/xero/changed) to Xero, and when something is changed, Xero notifies that URL, perhaps indicating which records have changed.

The Xero API provides methods that you can query and compare with previous results to see what has changed. However, this is not performant for large data sets, and detecting changes involves a lot of code.

The competition has it - web hooks are supported by QuickBooks. Let's get them in Xero - it's a superior product in every other way.

912 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    pdelaurentispdelaurentis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

57 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gareth EversonGareth Everson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fantastic - we're interested in the contacts, invoices and payments side of things for our own planned use of webhooks. Will look forwards to being in the loop on this as it rolls to beta.

Thank you!

• Chris RutherfurdChris Rutherfurd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd be very interested to know when this feature is planned on being expanded to include invoices. I am currently writing some bespoke software for a company that does all of its accounting in Xero but wants to manage the invoices from the bespoke software. As such need to be able to get updates in near real time as to when a payment has been recorded against an invoice through a bank reconciliation.

• Ryan MarshallRyan Marshall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please push "Payments" webhooks up the list - they're generally the most important piece of info we need to be notified by Xero

• TikaTika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a partner app, the webhooks and filtered events of interest should be setup on the 3rd party app registration like in Quickbooks so we don't need provide to customers with instructions to configure the webhooks we need!

• DianneDianne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, it would be so helpful to change your api so we can sync both ways from Xero to timely.

• TimTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love webhooks to help keep me informed on changes. I'm not a customer but am considering my options for my SME.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you please narrow down 'extremely close' to AWS and a projected pathway timeline?
        Are we talking end 2016? end 2017? to have web hooks in place.

• AniAni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there it would make so much easier if you guys can change your api so we can sync both ways from Xero to timely
        It would save time and money
        Please create this option

• GaëlleGaëlle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hu zapier go notifications from xero changes ! That's mean a ray of hope for us ?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base