I suggest you ...

General Journal Improvements

1) include transaction source and id to be able to link back to the source document of the journal eg AP/AR invoice etc 2) allow endpoint to be filtered by accounting date to be able to get just a certain period.

123 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Simon LampenSimon Lampen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James NelsonJames Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have access to the source of each journal entry (e.g. bank transaction, invoice, credit note, manual journal). Our use case involves running some aggregations over a list of journals, but displaying the source data used.

• Prasad JadhavPrasad Jadhav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this is right.I am looking towards that please provide the connection between Journal and Invoice entries

• Rob ConnellRob Connell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Smeebi and our customers want to be able to open up more dimensions from Xero for analysis such as linking customer, supplier, product, to journal entries.. in addition to what we can already do with tracking catagories, please vote!

• Pavan DasaPavan Dasa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes i would like to have this feature in XERO API to establish link back to source document from Journal API.

• John MiltonJohn Milton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not quite clear what 'Journal' means in this context but I'd definitely like to be able to get all transactions on an *account* and 'drill' back to the source.

Feedback and Knowledge Base