I suggest you ...

Repeating invoices via the API

Be able to create and manage repeating invoices (http://help.xero.com/#Accounts_RepeatingInvoice) via the API.

365 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    xeroAdminxero (Admin, Xero) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Brad McNayBrad McNay shared a merged idea: allow creation of recurring invoices via the API  ·   · 
    started  ·  xeroAdminxero (Admin, Xero) responded  · 

Today we released the ability to retrieve repeating invoices via a new RepeatingInvoices endpoint: http://developer.xero.com/documentation/api/repeating-invoices/

We have not yet begun work to create repeating invoices, so this endpoint will initially only have utility for those looking to use it for reporting.

We will leave this feature request open and update it as soon as we have further news to share on creating repeating invoices via the API.

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mikemike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update as to when the repeating invoice will be able to be created via the API. It has been almost 3 months since your last update and I am currently reviewing which accounting software to choose and this is a significant deciding factor for our business. Even if just a ballpark, such as couple months or a year, etc. Thanks.

• BenBen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        Any news on this?
        We really need to create repeating invoices via the API.
        Thanks,
        Ben

• CristianCristian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to create repeating invoices via the API would be very useful, it would save us a lot of time

• Media SuiteMedia Suite commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Awesome thanks for the update. Looking forward to being able to create repeating invoices via the API too.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can I add my voice to this list too? More functionality with repeating invoice data would be very welcome as our business is subscription based and all customers are on repeating invoices.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find it incongruous that Xero can say “Create professional recurring invoices and schedule bill payments to manage cash-flow.” in their selling story… http://www.xero.com/au/accounting-software/invoicing/

However once signed up and you want a report on Recurring Invoices there are zero available. And if you (as we do) have the capability to extract the data with their API you find this data is not available to be exported. And when asked why (which is the 3rd highest voted issue) the response is “Xero is not suitable as a billing engine, which is what the net effect of exposing repeating invoices via the API would be.”

At the end of the day we have to key our recurring invoices into Xero and then again into a Spreadsheet to be able to keep track of our projected Cashflow. This is frustrating when systemically running a report (or csv download) would be super easy for Xero with it all sitting there in their database.
        (or allowing API access so we can export the data ourselves)

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base