I suggest you ...

Budget summary report by budget

The current budget summary API report (http://blog.xero.com/developer/api/reports/#BudgetSummary) returns the overall budget summary report. Within Xero, you can create additional budgets which can be filtered by tracking category. This request is to:
- Provide a Budgets API endpoint
- Allow the budget summary report be filtered by budget

65 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    xeroAdminxero (Admin, Xero) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    CraigCraig shared a merged idea: Expose more than one budget via the API  ·   · 

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rob StewartRob Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree that this is something that we're really looking forward. Our clients get a huge amount of tracking but it all falls over when we bring it through to Spotlight Reporting because we then can't go against budget. This makes it difficult to work with them on a management level, as we spend a bunch of time wrestling with data in Excel when it should be simple. Three votes from me!

• ConniConni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allowing the budget summary report to be filtered by budget would be really useful.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree: this would be really useful. Some of my clients have various different targets (e.g. Target to aim for/ Worst case target). It would be great if Xero could complete the above changes

• Margaret BakerMargaret Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tracking Budget figures would be a good addition for spotlight reporting - add my name to the requestees

• Michael CarterMichael Carter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to load and report against a budget by tracking category combination would be very helpful - currently the named budget approach means there is a big risk of selecting the "wrong" named budget and maintaining them would be a minefield - if the budgets could be entered with tracking 1 and tracking 2 and when a compare to budget report was selected by tracking category the variance reports produced would be very useful.

Feedback and Knowledge Base