Skip to content

Accounting API

Welcome to our official feedback forum for the Xero Developer API.

The Xero Community site is the best place to submit feedback for improving Xero Business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

26 results found

1. Create invoices and credit notes via the api as Deleted or Voided

My client requires invoices and credits too be synchronised between our software and Xero.

This includes having invoices deleted and credits voided before they reach Xero.

I would like to create deleted invoices and voided credits first time rather then having to create drafts and then delete/void them in a seperate operation.

You shouldn't be able to do this via the Xero user interface but I should be able to do this via the API.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Xero API must follow the same application logic as the main application. It is for this reason we must decline this request, but we are committed to exposing more functionality via the API such as the ability to void invoices and credit notes via the API once they are created.

2. Be able to have number of days billable in the invoice recievable template

I run a equipment hire company and use xero to itemise and invoice the equipment hired out. The quantity field works well but i supply equipment over a number of days at a day rate. It would really help to be able to specify how many days any quantity of equipment was hired out for. In theory its just another quantity field called DAYS. Please Please Please. :)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. repeating

Make it so repeating invoices can be put on hold - I don't like having to delete them and recreate them later when we put a service on hold. It leaves the door open for mistakes.

Cheers

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fix bug to allow the tax overrides specified for inventory items to be used when creating invoices.

When you specify a tax override for individual inventory items, they are not applied when creating the invoice via the API (it still uses the accounts tax settings). They are only applied when creating the invoice manually.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. tracking

Add an additional tracking code. Currently there are only 2 and adding a 3rd would be a great benefit.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow split of single payment to multiple Invoices via API

For customers who's payment gateway settles the days total takings into your bank account in one lump sum at the end of the day, making single payment against single invoices via API is no good. It would be great to be able to recieve a payment to a bank account and split that payment to be applied against multiple invoices.

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There seem to be a few different requirements here, I want to see what we can do to help:
    - We have prepared a guide on an easy way to handle payments where you have multiple invoices, but one lump some payment from a payment processor into your bank: http://blog.xero.com/developer/handling-payment-processor-receipts-in-xero/

- Another solution would be for users of the API be able to create a bank feed themselves from a payment service. You can vote for this API feature request here: http://xero.uservoice.com/forums/5528-xero-api/suggestions/340274-import-bank-statement-lines-via-the-api

There are other questions that point more towards Xero feature requests rather than API functionality. I recommend you request these in our community forum: https://community.xero.com/business/topic/23/

I will close out this request and we can continue the conversation in the links above.

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base