Skip to content

Accounting API

Welcome to our official feedback forum for the Xero Developer API.

The Xero Community site is the best place to submit feedback for improving Xero Business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

132 results found

1. calculate exchange rate automatically for foreign payments

Currently when entering a payment for an invoice in a foreign currency I need to enter the exchange rate. Generally I have to final AUD value and the final USD value, so would prefer the fx rate is calculated automatically.

In addition, it seems the fx rate has limited precision; I end up needing to put in manual adjustments when reconciling which is also a pain.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Cash Sale e-commerce

Where is the API for a cash sale? ie. a paid up in full sale made online e-commerce in realtime, do you have to raise an invoice against a customer called Cash Sale? NZ delivery addresses have GST inclusive, and Offshore addresses are GST zero rate. will the api look at the country field and do this for you?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow the use of Reference or InvoiceNumber on Invoices endpoint for AP invoices

Currently you have to use the InvoiceNumber element and the Reference element is ignored.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow split of single payment to multiple Invoices via API

For customers who's payment gateway settles the days total takings into your bank account in one lump sum at the end of the day, making single payment against single invoices via API is no good. It would be great to be able to recieve a payment to a bank account and split that payment to be applied against multiple invoices.

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There seem to be a few different requirements here, I want to see what we can do to help:
    - We have prepared a guide on an easy way to handle payments where you have multiple invoices, but one lump some payment from a payment processor into your bank: http://blog.xero.com/developer/handling-payment-processor-receipts-in-xero/

- Another solution would be for users of the API be able to create a bank feed themselves from a payment service. You can vote for this API feature request here: http://xero.uservoice.com/forums/5528-xero-api/suggestions/340274-import-bank-statement-lines-via-the-api

There are other questions that point more towards Xero feature requests rather than API functionality. I recommend you request these in our community forum: https://community.xero.com/business/topic/23/

I will close out this request and we can continue the conversation in the links above.

5. Enable edit Tax code or transaction amount

Changing posted account is good, but to change date, Tax Code or amount required delete transaction and re-enter it.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Ronan Quirke - Xero responded

Thanks for the suggestion!
    Unfortunately we have no current plans to provide a “Surrender to MYOBAPI function!

7. connecting to xero api with http_oauth

can you please provide some sample code , on how to connect to xero using http_oauth pear package .....

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide api functions to generate reports.

I find the reports available in xero very minimal, especially compared to those my accountant are used to from Simply Accounting. Consequently, I wish there were an API I could use to generate my own reports rather than hope that the xero team will implement the exact report that my accountant is requesting.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Since this request has been opened a lot of extra functionality has been provided, including reports by tracking for P&L and balance sheet: http://developer.xero.com/documentation/api/reports/

There are still a number of features we could improve on, and a number of these exist as distinct feature requests in this forum. We suggest adding your votes to those requests so we can close out this generic feature request which is difficult to define/act on.

9. Credit Card payment API

Store encrypted credit cards for customers and be able to initiate (through the invoice API) credit card payment via any credit card processor's API. Paypal Web Payments Pro would be good out of the box but ideally would be set up to work with most standard APIs.

108 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think it is a good idea to close this suggestion out as it is not a direction we wish to take for now. Over the next 2 quarters we will be looking to deliver improvements within the application in terms of development of online invoicing and supporting more payment processors, but a credit card payment API is not something we will be looking to do within a 0-3 year timeframe, so declining this suggestion.

10. Expose everything via the API

Everything visible in the web interface should be exposed via the API. In fact ideally the web interface itself would be a client of the API, which would ensure that all useful technology is exposed.

545 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re closing this request out and asking that developers suggest or vote for the specific features you’re after as it’s easier to get feedback to you on each request this way and also free up your votes. I’d like to reassure you we’re committed to offering the best API we can.

Tony Rule
    Product Manager, Xero Developer API

11. make Xero contacts available over LDAP

Xero could export contacts via LDAP for integration with VOIP caller ID, email addressbooks and access control systems.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Could Xero grab a RSS feed periodically to enter invoices

Rather than having a system push data to Xero , Xero could be set to subscribe to an RSS feed that is in the correct format to add invoices.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →