Fixed assets API
Provide an API for the fixed assets module.
We’re pleased to announce that the Assets API has now been released: https://devblog.xero.com/assets-api-making-your-fixed-assets-restful-98f9eb42e2c5
Please give it a try and let us know if you have any feedback. This is only the beginning for the Assets API so please add new user voice requests if there are any specific features you’re still after,
The docs can be found here: https://developer.xero.com/documentation/assets-api/overview/
Camille Parker commented
The things I want in a fixed asset module:
1. To make changes without having to go into each asset - export to excel csv and then import - areas that don't affect the depreciation complete - description, depreciaton amount for current year if rolled back to start of year, asset type and changes invoice asset type to ensure fixed asset reconciliation is correct for each category, tracking (also changes the invoice)
2. Part dispose assets
3. Allow invoice to be attached if creating an asset that has not pulled through or has been journalled through from another entity.
4. All invoice to be split or not split (or ticked and lumped together) - currently if there is say 10 items it pulls though 10 fixed assets but they need to be lumped as one asset.
5. A column showing the invoice number so when registering each asset you know which asset you are actually registering without having to select the invoice.
6. For workpaper purposes - the FA # gets also attached to the invoice so when the invoice is printed the FA# or FA #s are written on the invoice.
7. Automatic account code created for accumulated deprecation when creating a new Fixed Asset code.
Xero Developer Update June 2016 States this is now live, yet the documentation links here, whats the story?
The fixed assets API is now live!
The initial release includes the ability to create draft assets as well as retrieving all the financial details of registered assets (depreciation, book value etc).
There’s lots more functionality we could add in future around registration, disposal and running depreciation so please let us know what’s most important for your integration.
henzard kruger commented
looks like it's almost here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYMVrAGB_I0
Daniel Myall commented
Need to dispose of 1200 fixed assets. Would be much easier if could do via an API.
Hi Xero - has this been completed ?
>> Xero API (Admin, Xero API) responded · November 27, 2014
The fixed assets module in Xero is currently being completely re-written and as such, will be API enabled. We hope to have this available by mid-2015.
Please. Add the Fixed Assets API. More power to the API, more reasons for developers to choose Xero.
Ditto - have been asked many times by clients to include this.
I'm interested in the feature too
Jonathan Gaunt commented
Any update on when we can expect the new API enabled fixed asset module?!
Ross Wilson commented
+1, I'd like to see API support for fixed assets
Bret Mannison commented
Putting a vote in for fixed asset end point. Will be great to link it to our assets management software
David Gardner commented
Given that Xero attempts to market through accountants, calculation of depreciation is a must have. Considering the future release of XYZ financials, it is crucial that this works properly and is compliant.
Jerry Zhao commented
hopeful a new add-on will help to manage the asset much better to suit Australia's Tax law... not really usable now...