Skip to content

Accounting API

Welcome to our official feedback forum for the Xero Developer API.

The Xero Community site is the best place to submit feedback for improving Xero Business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

26 results found

1. Allow split of single payment to multiple Invoices via API

For customers who's payment gateway settles the days total takings into your bank account in one lump sum at the end of the day, making single payment against single invoices via API is no good. It would be great to be able to recieve a payment to a bank account and split that payment to be applied against multiple invoices.

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There seem to be a few different requirements here, I want to see what we can do to help:
    - We have prepared a guide on an easy way to handle payments where you have multiple invoices, but one lump some payment from a payment processor into your bank: http://blog.xero.com/developer/handling-payment-processor-receipts-in-xero/

- Another solution would be for users of the API be able to create a bank feed themselves from a payment service. You can vote for this API feature request here: http://xero.uservoice.com/forums/5528-xero-api/suggestions/340274-import-bank-statement-lines-via-the-api

There are other questions that point more towards Xero feature requests rather than API functionality. I recommend you request these in our community forum: https://community.xero.com/business/topic/23/

I will close out this request and we can continue the conversation in the links above.

2. Automatic Reminder Notice - Overdue Invoice

Send an automatic reminder notice after, either, 7 days, 14 days, and/or 21 days once the invoice gets overdue. We should have the facility to choose number of reminder notices. Have the facility to generate reminder notice report.

We sent several invoices everyday and it is hard for us to remember to send a notice to clear their overdue payments

My client needed this system in xero and he was depressed when he heard that it's not yet developed in xero.

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! Work is almost complete for invoice reminders in Xero so look out for it in the app very soon.

I’m closing this particular suggestion as it seems to relate to Xero in general rather than the Xero API. General Xero suggestions are best placed here https://community.xero.com/business/discussion/50961/

If anyone voting for this issue has any API specific suggestions for invoice reminders then please feel free to post it as a new idea.

Regards,
    Adam

3. Add a cc and bcc option for when sending out invoices

Simple thing, just give option for copying/bcc'ing others, especially for clients who specify that you do this.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Populate reference field on payable invoices

Would like the ability to set the reference field on payable invoices. This is available on sales invoices but not on payables

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Importing Field Addition (POAttentionTo & ContactEmail) to the Default CSV

Good Day All,

Upon importing the default field "Email Address" or [EmailAddress] this field can only accept one and only one email address.  
       After the invoice has gone thru approval you have a To field when you select the 'Email' Buttion.  The sub field to this one is [ContactEmail] but when i added that to my CSV to be imported it was Ignored.  

Please Add [ContactEmail] to the import so after it is approved the billing manager doesn't need to add a "; [extra email address]" to every statement that it is needed for notification.

Secondly, Xero has a field…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Customer: "I never received your invoice!". Option to request "Read Email" receipts when emailing invoices

Some of my customers who forget to pay their overdue invoices use the excuse "Oh, I don't seem to have received your invoice".

It would be great if we could have a tickbox option to "Request a Read Receipt" (much in the way you can when sending an email via MS Outlook) so that when the customer reads the email they are then prompted to send a receipt confirming that they've read it.

They won't be able to use the above excuse anymore if they send a read receipt!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. tracking

Add an additional tracking code. Currently there are only 2 and adding a 3rd would be a great benefit.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. allow bulk editing of recurring Invoices

If I have a product or service that has a monthly recurring invoices.

There can be lots of customers that are invoiced monthly for this same product (xero recurring invoice).

If I change the price for the inventory item they are getting invoiced for monthly, I was told by the help team that I will have to manually edit every single invoice that includes that item one at a time, to change the price?

This seems like a very big task for such a common occurrence, so there should be some automatic way of doing it, either from an API,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add pay now button for statements sent via email

If a customer wants to settle more than one invoice they have to view individual invoices and enter payment details each time - this method is onerous for customers.

It is preferable to send a statement and allow the customer to "pay now" on the statement balance due - In effect bulk settling invoices.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. REFERENCE Field is now missing for API for ACCPAY invoices

REFERENCE Field is now missing from API calls for ACCPAY (Accounts Payable) as per attached examples, change seems to have happened on the 4th June 2020

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Be able to have number of days billable in the invoice recievable template

I run a equipment hire company and use xero to itemise and invoice the equipment hired out. The quantity field works well but i supply equipment over a number of days at a day rate. It would really help to be able to specify how many days any quantity of equipment was hired out for. In theory its just another quantity field called DAYS. Please Please Please. :)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. a seperate tick for emailed items (instead of going into seperate invoices to view history!)

The green sent tick is great when looking up invoices,
    But it would be REALLY helpful to have say a blue or red tick for invoices sent via email!
    I write quite a few invoices everyday - and sometimes email systems don't work, I have found the email mailer demon to be unreliable in the registering of emails not received by clients.
    Without it registering on the history inside the actual invoices, I am none the wiser.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix bug to allow the tax overrides specified for inventory items to be used when creating invoices.

When you specify a tax override for individual inventory items, they are not applied when creating the invoice via the API (it still uses the accounts tax settings). They are only applied when creating the invoice manually.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Purchase Order (PO) number to invoices

It would be useful to add PO number to invoices as a separate field.

At the moment we have to add it to the reference.

Large enterprise clients expect to see their PO number in the top right area of the invoice but it sometimes isn't clearly visible when we put it into the reference and then their procurement department rejects the invoice.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. allow more flexibility for positioning of logos on invoicing template as currently you cannot centralise.

Traditional UK Invoices for small businesses would not look like the ones you can currently produce from your template. There is very little flexibility as to where the logo can be positioned and it does not allow other elements to balance. I do not have the expertise or ability to get someone elese to create a new docx template.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide a space for job address on a invoice for the building and construction industry

I really need a space to enter in a job address for invoices as each invoice is allocated to a specific job.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Include WET calculations in XERO Invoices

Allow for WET to be calculated on invoices in the same way GST is currently calculated

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create invoices and credit notes via the api as Deleted or Voided

My client requires invoices and credits too be synchronised between our software and Xero.

This includes having invoices deleted and credits voided before they reach Xero.

I would like to create deleted invoices and voided credits first time rather then having to create drafts and then delete/void them in a seperate operation.

You shouldn't be able to do this via the Xero user interface but I should be able to do this via the API.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Xero API must follow the same application logic as the main application. It is for this reason we must decline this request, but we are committed to exposing more functionality via the API such as the ability to void invoices and credit notes via the API once they are created.

19. New Feature - Internal Payment Gateway

It would be great if there was an internal payment gateway system built into Xero which would allow us to store customer credit card information against their card file data masked so that it couldn't be re-read after being entered, and then trigger a payment against that card either from an invoice against that card or through the API. We do not want to have to store credit card details on our system nor are we keen to use an external credit card gateway which would still need us to store those details in the database somewhere. Storing the details…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Set Sales Account on invoice lines from HARVEST based on XERO item setup

Currently all invoice lines from HARVEST get set to the single default sales account (e.g. 200 Sales) setup in HARVEST even if the invoice line has a HARVEST Category that has been auto created in XERO as an Item and the item has different a different Sales account setup!

This means I have to every time go into XERO and change the account on the invoice lines which defeats the point of having different items!

This is critical given the number of invoices per month I do

Examples of the type of revenue lines:
    Expenses - i.e. back to back…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here