Xero Accounting API

Welcome to our official feedback forum for the Xero Developer API.

The Xero Community site is the best place to submit feedback for improving Xero Business

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Quotes via the API

Provide an API for the recently released quotes feature in Xero (http://help.xero.com/QuotesMain)

984 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      112 comments  ·  Quotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

At the moment there are still no plans to add quotes functionality to the API. We appreciate there is strong demand but our focus this year will be on other aspects of the platform that benefit all apps including OAuth2.0, SSO and some huge marketplace improvements.

I know it must seem like we don’t pay attention to UserVoice but we really do value the feedback. In the past year we’ve shipped two of the top three requests (Webhooks and emailing invoices) but unfortunately we just can’t get to everything.

To stay up to date with what we’re actively planning to work on, check out our public roadmap here https://trello.com/b/cHoNWLSe/xero-platform-roadmap-for-developers

Cheers,
      Adam

• Call a webhook when a Quote is accepted

When a quote is accepted by a customer, add the option to call a webhook.

This would allow for integration with job tracking software and a secondary call to the quote API (https://xero.uservoice.com/forums/5528-xero-accounting-api/suggestions/7040008-quotes-via-the-api) would allow me to retrieve the relevant information (customer, description, line items etc) in order to generate a job sheet for the accepted quote with all the relevant data for workers to begin the job.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        You have left! (?) (thinking…)