I suggest you ...

Import bank statement lines via the API

Be able to import bank statement lines into a bank account in Xero. This would be useful for custom bank accounts or banks that do not have a direct feed into Xero

1,438 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    salo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve now launched our new bank feeds API (https://www.xero.com/blog/2018/09/xero-opens-banks-feeds-faster-platform-growth/) that will allow financial institutes globally to build direct bank feeds that deliver statements into Xero.

The bank feeds API (https://developer.xero.com/documentation/bank-feeds-api/) is a closed API that is only available to financial institutions that have an established financial services partnership with Xero.

The first integrations that are taking advantage of this new API are leading UK fintechs Tide, Starling, TransferWise and Revolut (https://www.xero.com/blog/2018/11/uk-banking-connections-fintech-integrations/), who all have live integrations available now.

Further updates will be provided here in early 2019 regarding a publicly available API for the import of statements that leverages what we’ve built for financial institutes.

117 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Almost 10 years since this was first suggested. Hopefully it will be implemented before 2029.

• Eoin Oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not a done? Talk about trying to defeat open banking. I don't suppose anyone monitors this post anymore because it is on their old system. Shame really.

• David Leeming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amazing it still hasn't been done, and no comment from Xero. I would ditch my current bank and use Starling if this was available.

• Patiently Waiting commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the critical thing missing that is preventing extremely time saving automation in this world of digital accounting, payment processors and now virtual bank accounts. How this is not yet done is beyond me... if it can be done on the front-end, it can be done via API, surely!

• August Stoyanov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only important feature still missing to make the accounting life cycle complete.
        Without this we need the accounting clerk to manually identify every single bank payment received.
        It would be such a simple API it's a no brainer not to have it.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Life would be so much easier than importing statements!
        Pity its taken 9 years and its still 'planned'

• Patrick Sayer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I would very much loke to do this. We have our old bank which provides a feed directly to Xero but our new bank (a VERY large international bank) does not provide it. We are happy to do it ourselves but need the interface to do so.

• David Leeming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just looking at this, it was asked for in 2009! it is 2018 now. Seriously, do we have an update on this? 9 years is a long time to wait for a feature, esp one with 1,317 votes

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have now created a script that opens a browser window, logs in to Xero, navigates to the right bank account statement import pages, puts the right file in the upload box and then submits the file. Then it logs out.

It's tightly coupled to our system, but any decent developer should be able to whip this up (e.g. with puppeteer).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess soon I'll have to make something similar for reconciliation.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base